The NEW M.E. Church
The building that houses the Lewiston Civic Theatre was constructed for First Methodist Episcopal Church in 1907. It was conceived by the Rev. William Euster, known as a church builder. An architect named H.N. Black followed him around the West, helping make his visions a reality.
LEWISTON CIVIC THEATRE
In 1971, the church’s congregation moved to a new building and the Lewiston Civic Theatre moved in, taking ownership in 1972. The old church was acquired by Lewiston Civic Theatre and rededicated as the Anne Bollinger Memorial Theatre. The building was used as a theater
City officials condemned the building in 2016, when a large roof truss failed and compromised its structural integrity. The Civic Theatre, unable to afford those costs, deeded the building to the city of Lewiston. Task force members hope to convince the council to hold off on demolition.